So I’m finally getting around to making a cook book… Below is what I have so far topic wise. Anything else I should include? I’m still way early in the process and trying to get everything sorted and organized first. The idea is to keep it to things that the Family/Me has made over and over again. Things I’ve been asked “how it’s made, or just mentioned that I should bring it in for events. The “tried and true” sorta recipes. Thoughts? With what I have so far it’s about 78 pages just from what I have on this website (still need tons of editing, not to mention me recooking everything to get proper pictures, instructions, and methods for the book).
I plan on releasing it via iBooks because:
- I can add all sorts of multimedia stuff (such as walk through videos, image galleries, etc).
- It is easy to publish it to anyone who wants it and across multiple platforms (from macs to iOS devices, even option to export a PDF or epub versions).
- I can update it a I go along with newer recipes, videos, multimedia, and anything else I can think of automatically to anyone who has the iBooks version.
If you have a recipe that you have liked and want me to include it please mention in the comments below (or directly to me). There are some recipes I know I’ll still need to get from family members (as i enjoy it, but don’t know how to make it).
And any ideas for a title?
Tips & Tricks
- The Secret to Making Good Food
- How to make Healthy Low Calorie Meals at Work
- Perfect Variations of Grilled Cheese
- Eggs florentine w/black beans
- Creme Brûlée French Toast
- Biscuits and Chorizo Gravy
- “Rieker” wings
- Deviled eggs
- Cement on Rye
- (Definitely need to flush this out a bit )
- Lasagna Rolls
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Lettuce Wraps
- Macaroni & Cheese
Salads, Soup, & Sides
- Bacon cheddar cheese soup
- French onion soup
- Cucumber salad
- Horseradish Garlic Herb Butter
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- German Potato Salad
Low cal meals
- Chicken Leg Quarters w/ Asparagus & Baked Potato
- Chicken Parm w/Tater Tots & Salad
- Chicken Cacciatore w/ Herb Sour • Cream Baked Potato & Salad
Desert & Drinks
- Cream Puffs with Vanilla Creme
- Burnt Frosting Cappuccino Angel Food Cake
- Peanut Butter Balls/Bars
- Fallen angel food cake
- Apple pie
- Spitz cookies
- Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes
- Italian coffee
- Hot buttered rum
Leave a Reply